- They don't know about.
- They figure they won't qualify for federal financial aid so why bother.
- They think it's too complicated.
- It's free.
- Family income is only one part of the formula and with the high cost of college these days, many families qualify for some aid. Some colleges won't even consider a student for academic scholarships unless they have a completed FAFSA.
- It's not hard to fill out and the online form walks you through each step.
- If your financial circumstances should change, it's easier to update the FAFSA and far better than having to wait until the next filing cycle.
Ahhh...another New Year's resolution!